In electricity generation, a generator is a device that converts motive power (mechanical energy) into electrical power for use in an external circuit. Sources of mechanical energy include steam turbines, gas turbines, water turbines, internal combustion engines, wind turbines, and even hand cranks. The first electromagnetic generator, the Faraday disk, was invented in 1831 by British scientist Michael Faraday. Generators provide nearly all of the power for electric power grids.
The reverse conversion of electrical energy into mechanical energy is done by an electric motor, and motors and generators have many similarities. Many motors can be mechanically driven to generate electricity and frequently make acceptable manual generators. [source: wikipedia]
What is an Inverter Generator?
Generators need to run on gasoline or propane to power a motor attached to an alternator that produces power.
The traditional generators use a mechanical alternator to produce AC power while inverted generators convert that AC power to DC power before digitally inverting it back to a cleaner true sine wave.
An inverter generator is usually smaller and lighter but also more expensive. Also, the inverter generator is significantly quieter and more fuel-efficient compared to a conventional generator.
Where does Inverter generator use?
The power generated by the inverter generator has a pure sine wave. So it’s used to run power-sensitive devices like smartphones, tablets, laptops, hairdryers, clock radio, lamps, etc.
Types of generators
There are lots of type generators according to various parameters.
Generator type base on power generation technology.
- Traditional Generator- A normal generator which is not working on a base of inverter technology
- Inverter Generator – With pure sine wave current output
Generator type base on fuel usage
- Propane Generator
- Gasoline Generator
- Diesel Generator
- Bio-Diesel Generator
- Emulsified Diesel Generator
- Solar Generator
- Dual Fuel Generator (Propane or Gasoline)
Generator type base on mobility
- Portable Generator – Easy to move from one location to another location
- Standby Generator – Fixed position to one place
Other types of Generator
How Inverter Generator protects your gadgets?
An inverter generator provides clean electricity (pure sine wave) that your power-sensitive devices need.
The inverter generator still produces high THD AC Power, just like a traditional generator, but it converts AC power to DC power and again it converts DC power to AC power digitally to clean it up and make it safe to consume for your power-sensitive devices.
Some of the best Inverter Generator
- 1. Champion 3400-Watt Inverter Generator – (Gasoline/Propane)
- 2. Champion 3100-Watt Inverter Generator – (Wireless Remote Start)
- 3. Honda EU2200i 2200-Watt Inverter Generator -(Super Quiet )
- 4. Westinghouse iGen4500DF 3700 Watt Inverter Generator – (Dual Fuel)
- 5. Pulsar G2319N 2300Watt Portable Quiet Inverter Generator
- 6. Generac 7117 GP2200i 2200 Watt Portable Inverter Generator – (Parallel Ready)
- 7. WEN 56200i Super Quiet 2000-Watt Inverter Generator